EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
EPIC is a modern museum in Dublin’s Docklands that tells the moving and unforgettable story of the 10 million Irish people who left their homeland – and how they influenced and shaped the world.
The world’s only fully digital museum features 1,500 years of Irish history in its atmospheric vaults.
Experience this breathtaking story in interactive galleries, with a feast of powerful audio and video bringing these one-of-a-kind tales to life.
Shortlisted for European Museum of the Year 2018, this top-rated, family-friendly attraction is an essential destination for everyone with an interest in Ireland’s people, culture and history.
Relive some of the greatest achievements in music, literature, sport, business, politics, fashion and science.
Among TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Things to Do in Dublin, National Geographic Travel describe it as “Simply too good of a story to miss”. EPIC also houses the Irish Family History Centre, with a team of genealogy experts to help visitors uncover their Irish roots.
Santa’s Grotto at EPIC
Join us for an unforgettable Christmas experience with Santa’s Grotto at EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum!
Begin your magical journey in the atmospheric vaults of The CHQ Building in Dublin’s City Centre. Your family will be welcomed by Mrs. Claus and Santa’s elves before meeting Santa in his magical grotto.
- Visit Santa in his magical grotto and receive a special gift
- Help Mrs. Claus create her world famous recipe of reindeer food and take home your very own pouch to feed the reindeers on Christmas Eve
- Write and post your letter to Santa
- Visit our award winning interactive museum
- Take part in our Discovery Trail map to find out intriguing Christmas facts from around the world.
- Sat 15th & Sun 16th Dec
- Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd Dec
- Under 12 months: FREE
- Age 1-3: €8.50
- Age 4-12: €12.50
- Adult: €15
- Senior: €13
Hire EPIC exclusively for your Festive Party
Santa’s Grotto is also available for private hire – perfect for those client family days! To find out more about EPIC’s private and corporate Christmas packages click here. Alternatively, you can contact us directly at email@example.com or call 01 906 0861.
- Find out why Irish people travelled the globe over the centuries
- Uncover hundreds of stories of adventure, adversity and triumph
- Interact with the past in easy-to-use high-tech galleries
- Stamp your very own souvenir EPIC passport as you travel through Irish history
- Send a digital postcard from Dublin
- Connect with your ancestors at the Irish Family History Centre
- Unlike any other museum experience
- European Museum of the Year Award 2018 - Shortlisted
- Children in Museums Award 2017 – Shortlisted - the only Irish museum selected for this prestigious European award.
- TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards – Top 5 Irish Museums
- “Thought-provoking…I had never fully appreciated the Irish diaspora until my visit to this high-tech exhibit…an entertaining and educational experience” Travel writer Rick Steves.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Dublin
- “It’s simply too good of a story to miss”. National Geographic Traveller
- “Unmissable” Mirror
People of all ages enjoy the interactive nature of the museum, with kids particularly enjoying stamping the souvenir passport that you get upon entry.
EPIC offers a journey into Irish history, culture and people. Some visitors claim that EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum was the best museum that they have ever visited!
The Irish Family History Centre is also located at EPIC offering a new exciting way to search for your Irish ancestors and discover your unique family story.
Uncover the mystery behind your family’s history and unearth your Irish roots in a most memorable way at the Irish Family History Centre.
- 500m from O’Connell Bridge along the River Liffey
- Wide range of eating options and gift shop on site
- Book online to secure your preferred entry time
- Audio guides available in four languages (French, Spanish, Italian & German)
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum Opening Times
- Open 7 days a week, all year round
- 10am to 6.45pm (last admission is at 5pm)
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum Admission Prices
- Adult €15
- Child €7.50 (Child 0-5yrs Free)
- Senior/student €13
- Combination Tickets (EPIC & IFHC) €25
- Family pack (Family 2+2) €37
Contact EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
No recent reviews posted for EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum