EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
Winner Europe’s leading Tourist Attraction 2019
EPIC will reopen to visitors on Monday 29th June, seven days a week, with timed tickets on sale. Following the HSE guidelines EPIC will implement a range of public health and physical distancing measures to ensure the safety of visitors, staff and other workers. Reduced visitor numbers, designated time slots, touch-free screens, increased cleaning, downloadable audio guides and cashless payments are just some of the measures we’ve put in place. As an extra bonus, all online tickets purchased before June 29th can be used for a second visit to the museum up until the end of 2020. Book Online
We have Virtual Summer Camps including interactive storytelling for tiny tots, aged 2 to 5 years, we have an EPIC Explorers Imagination Camp for ages 12 and under and a Stories That Move Camp for teens which includes oral storytelling, theatre and visual media tasks.
Prices range from five euro to 20 euro for a 2 day workshop. You can find details online here
“EPIC has been voted Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction at the prestigious World Travel Awards, beating Buckingham Palace, the Roman Colosseum and the Eiffel Tower.”
You won’t find leprechauns or pots of gold at EPIC, but you’ll discover that what it means to be Irish expands far beyond the borders of Ireland through the stories of Irish emigrants who became scientists, politicians, poets, artists and even outlaws all over the world. Discover Ireland from the outside in and find out why saying “I’m Irish” is one of the biggest conversation starters, no matter where you are.”
EPIC is a modern museum in Dublin’s Docklands that tells the moving and unforgettable story of the 10 million Irish people who left their homeland – and how they influenced and shaped the world.
The world’s only fully digital museum features 1,500 years of Irish history in its atmospheric vaults.
Experience this breathtaking story in interactive galleries, with a feast of powerful audio and video bringing these one-of-a-kind tales to life.
Shortlisted for European Museum of the Year 2018, this top-rated, family-friendly attraction is an essential destination for everyone with an interest in Ireland’s people, culture and history.
Relive some of the greatest achievements in music, literature, sport, business, politics, fashion and science
- Find out why Irish people travelled the globe over the centuries
- Uncover hundreds of stories of adventure, adversity and triumph
- Interact with the past in easy-to-use high-tech galleries
- Stamp your very own souvenir EPIC passport as you travel through Irish history
- Send a digital postcard from Dublin
- Connect with your ancestors at the Irish Family History Centre
- Unlike any other museum experience
- European Museum of the Year Award 2018 - Shortlisted
- Children in Museums Award 2017 – Shortlisted - the only Irish museum selected for this prestigious European award.
- TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards – Top 5 Irish Museums
- “Thought-provoking…I had never fully appreciated the Irish diaspora until my visit to this high-tech exhibit…an entertaining and educational experience” Travel writer Rick Steves.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Dublin
- “It’s simply too good of a story to miss”. National Geographic Traveller
- “Unmissable” Mirror
People of all ages enjoy the interactive nature of the museum, with kids particularly enjoying stamping the souvenir passport that you get upon entry.
EPIC offers a journey into Irish history, culture and people. Some visitors claim that EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum was the best museum that they have ever visited!
The Irish Family History Centre is also located at EPIC offering a new exciting way to search for your Irish ancestors and discover your unique family story.
Uncover the mystery behind your family’s history and unearth your Irish roots in a most memorable way at the Irish Family History Centre.
- 500m from O’Connell Bridge along the River Liffey
- Wide range of eating options and gift shop on site
- Book online to secure your preferred entry time
- Audio guides available in four languages (French, Spanish, Italian & German)
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum Opening Times
- Open 7 days a week, all year round
- 10am to 6.45pm (last admission is at 5pm)
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum Admission Prices
- Adult (18+) €16.50
- Child (6-15) €8.00
- Child (0-5) €0.00
- Senior (65+) €15.00
- Student (16+) €15.00
- Family (2 Adults + 2 Children) (Save €9!) €40.00
- Additional Child (with Family) €6.50
- Family (2 Adults + 1 Child) (Save €5!) €36.00
- Group (Group of 10+ ) €14.50
- Senior Groups (Senior Group) €13.00