Medieval Mile Museum
Visitors to the museum will marvel not only at some of Ireland's finest examples of medieval sculpture, but also the country's largest collection of Renaissance tombs.
The Medieval Mile Museum represents an immense treasure trove of artefacts encompassing the work and lives of Ireland and its people across more than 800 years of history.
This museum is located on the 13th century site of St Mary's cruciform church and graveyard, considered to be the finest example of a medieval church in Ireland.
Highlights of your visit include;
- the incredibly ornate Rothe Chapel with exposed tombs belonging to the medieval merchant Rothe family;
- St Marys external graveyard and its abundance of medieval masterpieces;
- the stories of the multiple pauper graves discovered outside the church walls
- the High Cross casts - reaching over 4 metres high
Kilkenny's 800-year story is told with a contemporary twist within the museum.
The customer experience contains a long colourful interactive table similar to a giant iPad, an elongated plasma TV screen and projected imagery onto a giant wall allowing visitors to get immersed in the rich history with the aid of modern technology.
A popular addition to the museum, our LEGO Hunt provides fun for all the family
Medieval Mile Museum Opening Times
- November to March Tuesday - Sunday 11am - 4.30pm
- April to October 10am - 6pm Seven Days Per Week
Medieval Mile Museum Prices
All Day Tours (Which Include an Audio Guide as Standard)
- Adults €8.50
- Students/OAPs €7.00
- Children €3.50
- Family €22.50
- Adults €13.00
- Students/OAPs €11.00
- Children €5.50
- Family €27.50