Toy Soldier FactoryKILNAMARTYRA, MACROOM, CO. CORK
The Toy Soldier Factory is one of Ireland’s best-hidden attractions.
The family-owned business has been established in Ireland since 1976. It is situated in the beautiful little village of Kilnamartyra, halfway between Killarney town and Cork City on the main N22 road only a short distance from Macroom town.
What is there to do?
Staff provide demonstrations on hobby casting, where you select the figure from our list you wish us to create and we cast it in front of you. Then you paint the primed version of it and can keep it as a memento.
They supply a lovely Toy Soldier Badge on completion. Free Popcorn is provided for people who prebook online.
A €12 deposit for a table that sits six people and covers one €12 workshop can be prebooked online. The workshops prices are €12, €14, and €20, depending on what was chosen. Additional workshops are paid for at our shop counter. Guardians or parents not doing a workshop pay nothing extra.
The visitor center is filled with miniatures and chess sets and hobby casting molds and staff are happy to help with any questions you might have. They also provide the option to purchase refreshments in the form of coffee/tea and biscuits and an assortment of sweets.
Toy Soldier Factory Opening Times
- Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00h
- Saturdays & Bank Holidays: 10:00 to 17:00h
- Closed Sundays, St. Patricks Day, and a few weeks around Christmas to New Year.
Toy Soldier Factory Admission Prices
- Free Admission for individuals and families.
- Birthday Parties can be arranged.
- Workshops are available. Costs are €12, €14 or €20 based on choice for workshop.
- Prebook a table for €12 to cover the first €12 workshop.
Free parking for cars and coaches.